BUILD A PROFITABLE AND SUCCESSFUL BOOKKEEPING BUSINESS WITH ASTUTE BOOKS
Are you looking for a business opportunity which is totally flexible and can fit around your family commitments and lifestyle? A chance to be your own boss but with the backing and support of a professional accountancy firm. Astute Books has been launched to provide high quality, outsourced bookkeeping services to small and medium sized enterprises and accountancy practices throughout the UK.
Good bookkeepers are in high demand. Small and medium sized business and firms of accountants outsource their bookkeeping requirements to independent bookkeepers.
We can train you to be a bookkeeper and set up a profitable bookkeeping business.
Astute Books has been founded by Douglas McBain, a qualified accountant who has run a thriving accountancy practice in Glasgow for 17 years and has launched a number of successful businesses including a property letting franchise.
For a license fee we will offer:
- Two weeks intensive training in bookkeeping, tax and accountancy working on real-life examples.
- How to set up your bookkeeping business and where to find clients.
- Six months ongoing support following training – live and Cloud based.
- No restrictions on where you can trade – open territory and using the latest technology you can work with a business anywhere in the UK.
- Back up of an established accountancy practice to help with more complex accounting/taxation needs.
- Employ the latest accounting and CRM technology to automate routine jobs.
- Trade under the Astute Books brand or your own name.
- Launch marketing and PR support and help with social media.
- Your own localised website and email address.
- Business cards, stationery and marketing materials.
- Email/VOIP system
- Training on Xero cloud accounting system (with the opportunity to receive accreditation)
You don’t need to have any prior bookkeeping knowledge or experience but you must have the following qualities:
- Attention to detail
- Numerate and like working with numbers
- IT literate (Microsoft Office)
- Disciplined and able to meet deadlines
- Able to work on your own
- Outgoing personality
The business does not require an office – you can work from home; all you require is a laptop, printer and scanner. Work full-time or part-time – the choice is yours. Provided client deadlines are met you can work when and where suits your lifestyle. Access to your own transport is essential as you may have to visit clients to collect documents or discuss their bookkeeping requirements.
Target earnings working part-time could range from £15,000-£20,000 depending on the profile of your client base.
The licence fee is £9,995 inclusive of VAT. Ongoing support is provided for the first six months of the agreement and thereafter the cost is £200 per month.
For further information or to arrange an informal exploratory discussion or meeting please contact Douglas McBain on 0141 404 1667.